Kreuzgelenk Vorderachse 406

remawa

New member
29. Okt. 2009
199
0
16
38
Siegen
Guten Abend
Bin nun bei der Überholung der Bremsen an der Vorderachse angelangt und frage mich, wie die Kreuzgelenke geschmiert werden????
Wer kann mir antwort geben?

Gruß Rene
 
Moäsche Rene,

gar ned, sind dauergeschmiert (zumindest bei Bj ab den Achtzigern bzw. sogar durchgehend G-Achsen, also noch früher).
Hat dein Doppelgelenk merkliches Spiel in alle Richtungen?

mfG
Axel

PS: Gibt sogar die recht plausible Behauptung,
a) wenn man an Stelle der sichtbaren Schrauben Schmiernippen eindreht und damit abschmiert, erstmal die Abdichtung übergangen/zerstört wird
b) wenn sich die Gelenke auf diesem Weg abschmieren lassen, die Dichtungen - und auch das Gelenk - schon Nahe dem Ende sind.
Letztere Behauptung stimmte bei der Achse eines Bekannten. . .
 
Ne, Spiel haben sie nicht, scheinen mir aber äußerlich so trocken.
Was heißt denn Dauerschmierung? Kann der Zustand der Schmierung überwacht werden?
 
Hallo,
Eine andere Frage zu den dauergeschmierten Gelenken.
bei meinem U1000 sind diese mechanisch OK, aber rostig.
Die Gelenke scheinen abgesehen von den Triebkopfvarianten ewig zu halten, da meistens auf der Straße ohne Frontantrieb gefahren wird.
Soll ich diese nach den Entrosten ( kein Sandstrahlen, nur Nadelentroster und Drahtbüsten) bis in alle Ecken grundieren und lackieren oder einfach nur einfetten um weiteren Rost vorzubeugen ? Wegen des Wechsels der Gelenklager habe ich die Gelenkwellen sowiso demontiert.

..........Ralf
 
Hello,
Sorry but I don't speak (and write....) German...) even if I understand something....
And now to my question...
I have a 1972 406.200 and yesterday I made some maintenance.... I grease the "Doppelgelenk"..and I noticed that the right one has a small "play" but only a short shift on left-right direction (less than 1 mm...) is it normal?? the opposite Doppelgelenk (driver's side) hasn't this play and also has different grease plug... the right one has plug with 14 wrench, the driver's one has 11...
To notice that the on the right hub some years ago there was a oil leaking..from the "großen Simmering" (as it is called in the unimog heft'l)... at that time I shortened the inside spring...and no leaking...In mercedes here in my area told me that there is no original part...is it true?
Thanks a lot Unimog guru!!
Matteo ITA
 
Hello Matteo,

we had the same question last year at the 406 from Bernd. We made it very pragmatic - this play (more than 1mm) had been there for a long time, so it would work again a long time. Bad Idea!
The result you can see here:
http://www.unimog-community.de/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=50514&highlight=weinfahrt

best regards
Axel
 
Thanks....
So you think that it's not a big problem...and what does it depend? this play is caused by a bearing (kugellager....is it correct?) inside the hub I suppose...
and the oil leaking...do you think that is sufficient to change the "verschleißring" or the leaking depends on the big bearing that must be changed...
Sorry but I love my mogs ( I have also a 411..) I study medicine and I use them for hobby but here in my area (Iseo lake...near Gardasee...) there are no mechanics that can repair mogs....
Teo
 
Hello Mateo,
maybe my sentence was mistakable.
If you red the web-link you see the result of our superficial knowledge.
The play at the "Doppelgelenk" in conjunction with the not really good condition of the first bearing in the intermediate gear coused shear forces into the bearings and the crash of the pinion gear drive. Out of this, Bernd hat to buy another front axle. Not really funny!
So if you are able to repair it in the near future - do it!
If not - have a look for a new front axle.

best regards
Axel
 
ah..Ok I understood now the web link!
The "doppelkreuzgelenk" seems in not so bad condition... there's no play....only the shaft has this short play...
I'll dismantle the hub...so I can check the bearings, the seals...
in this mog I (with my father...) changed the rear main shaft (from the gear box to the differential...).... and I'll have to change also a rear spring ( federn...), sorry if sometimes I put german terms...but I'd like to learn german....if you see my mog from behind it hangs on one side...and the spring is not broken...
thanks
 
Hello Matteo,
a lot of parts got their own german names, so if you're able to understand my english :oops: it's ok.
It's a common thing for a lot of mogs to hang on one side eg. http://www.unimog-community.de/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=54724&highlight=mog+schief
The reason for this can be a broken spring but can also be a different other reason.
It may depend on which position ore load condition you mount the Panhard rod.

best regards
Axel
 
Thanks...and your English is good....I hope you can understand easly my english...
Short Off-Topic...
Do you know if it is possible to grease also the doppelkreuzgelenk of a 1968 411??? with new axes......I saw that there are no wrech...
Thank
And I hope it's all..for now...
:?
 
Hello Matteo,

thanks - your english is ok, too.

Your question about the 411 is complete out of my range - sorry! Dou you have the "Werkstatthandbuch" (workshop manual)?
Maybe Christoph "UuUNIMOG" could help you!

@Christoph: nachdem Du ja deinen Mog mittlerweile wohl bis ins Detail kennst, kannst Du - oder auch jemand anders - da weiterhelfen?!

best regards
Axel
 
Hello!
I wrote to Christoph....
I don't have the werkstatthandbuch neither for the 411 nor for the 416..so sad...but I saw that for the 406/416 version it costs 150 euro!! and I don't know how is this book...is it so helpful??
 
Ok...I'll look for a used one...or I'll buy it next year.....this year I had some outgoings.... :(
Can I ask you something??
I have the Drehzahlmesser in my cab...but where is the connection on the gear?? The original cab didn't have the Drehzahlmesser but the one that I used have it... Must the gearbox be prepared?
Thanks
Sorry for so much questions...but I don't know where to choose in the forum!
Ciao!
 
Hello Matteo,

electrical questions - bad questions... - for me!
All I can say to that questions is in my 406.121 from '88 the revmeter should be an electrical type.

If you wan't to search for something, use the "Suchen"-Button in the second row of the UCom-Page (blue font, between "FAQ" and "Mitgliederliste"). It's still a little Problem with the description of the way to use it - if you use "AND" you'll get a lot of wrong results. Use "and" instead of "AND", for example "406 AND Drehzahlmesser and Signal"
One Result out of 202:
http://www.unimog-community.de/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=56915&highlight=406+AND+Drehzahlmesser+Signal


best regards
Axel
 
Thank you very much Axel...you are so kind!
My rev counter is not electric...is mechanic as the speedometer.....maybe because my mog is older....
Thanks...
Teo